Friday, August 30, 2013

August Re-Make Recap

I feel like a broken record but I can't believe we're at the end of August already. It makes me so sad - I love summer and I always feel like it flies by. Fall is nice and all but then comes winter, my least favorite month, and I find myself anxious for spring. I can't help it - I'm not a fan of ice and snow but it's more about food. I hate not being able to cook the things I want. I'm going to miss fresh summer produce in the coming months.

As you can see, it was a delicious month.

oatmeal

Ever since I made the first batch of this baked oatmeal SP's been asking for it weekly. I always try some and still don't particularly like it, but I did give some to Baby Girl (not heated, just straight from the pan as I'm packing it up) and she's a big fan. I'll have to try giving her some heated to see what she thinks.

macsalad

I brought this American macaroni salad to my friend Mary Ellen's house when she invited our family over for a cookout. It was a big hit.

chiliskillet3

I may not be a big fan of chili but this chili cornbread skillet is a family favorite. I love that the cornbread is baked right on top. I love having a bit of both chili and cornbread in each bite.

bangbang

After making these Bang Bang chicken skewers for a recipe swap I fell in love. Hard. I made them again a few weeks later, making sure I had a bit more chicken, and SP and I still fought over the leftovers. I may need to completely double the recipe. It's just that good.



Every once in awhile I think back to some of the recipes we love that I haven't made in awhile. I can't believe how long it had been since I made these Cuban sandwiches. They're so easy and so delicious. Baby Girl was a big fan.



I've said it before, these refried beans are a must whenever I make Mexican food. If you like refried beans you need to try this recipe. It's incredibly easy and so tasty.

flatbreadpizza

I've been making these flatbread pizzas once a week since I posted them. They're just so, so good. I've experimented with toppings, always using the same base of roasted tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. One week I added bacon for BLT flatbread pizzas. Another week I added mushrooms for SP. And another week I added crumbled Italian sausage. They were all fantastic.

eggbake3

When we go on vacation I like to make a few different things for breakfast before we leave so we can just heat something up in the morning. I made a batch of this sausage and spinach egg bake, as well as the baked oatmeal. I love this recipe - simple and delicious.

flautas

We pulled the rest of these chicken flautas out of the freezer and I fried them up for dinner. Even better this time since we got to enjoy all the deliciousness without any of the effort.



Caprese pasta is like summer in a bowl for me. Caprese is my absolute favorite flavor combination. I use it all summer long, usually for breakfast - egg salad made with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil, fried eggs on top of sliced tomatoes layered with basil and fresh mozzarella or a caprese omelet. I love it all.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are really nice ... I need me a cool old wooden table too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!