Monday, May 13, 2013

Egg-in-the-Hole

As I mentioned in the last Blogger's Choice post, when I was checking out Caroline's blog I found another recipe I ended up making for breakfast that same day. This is not a complicated recipe by any means, and is probably something a lot of people ate growing up, but it was (shockingly) my first time making Egg-in-the-Hole.

egghole

I loved this so much, especially using the cut-out to dip into the egg yolk. I love runny eggs and this is such a simple yet fun twist to a normal fried egg and toast breakfast.

Egg-in-the-Hole
As seen on The Barbee Housewife
Ingredients are for one serving

1 slice bread
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 large egg
Salt and pepper

Cut a hole in the center of the slice of bread using a biscuit cutter or clean drinking glass.

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Place both the bread and the cut-out in the skillet and let it cook for 1 minute. Place 1 tablespoon of butter into the hole in the center of the bread, then crack the egg and drop it into the hole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow the egg to cook for 1 minute, then flip the bread with a spatula (the cut-out, too). Sprinkle this side with salt and pepper and let cook until the egg is at desired doneness.

Remove from pan and eat immediately.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. You've seen Moonstruck, yes? Just like the breakfast Rose makes for Loretta after she's spent the night with her fiance's brother (Nicholas Cage). Why can't I remember his name? Minus the fried pickled peppers however. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to eat this all the time growing up, I may have to make some this weekend. Thanks for the reminder about this yummy breakfast

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!