Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Penne with Chicken, Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella

A few years ago we took SP's mom out to lunch at a local Italian restaurant. I ordered Penne with Chicken, Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella and it became my favorite dish to get at that restaurant. It's been quite a few years since we've eaten at that restaurant but when I was looking for something to make with chicken and pasta I remembered that dish and thought I'd recreate it at home.

pasta

This is a very simple dish, certainly nothing fancy, but delicious nonetheless. I love fresh mozzarella and SP's Sunday sauce is always a hit.

Penne with Chicken, Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
Inspired by Massimo's Restaurant

1 chicken breast
salt and pepper
olive oil
1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into small dice
1/2 cup marinara sauce

Pound chicken to an even thickness then season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and cut into slices or dice into bite-size pieces.

In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta, diced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and marinara together. Divide pasta in 4 serving bowls aand top with chicken.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Some of my fave flavors all in one pasta dish!!! Sounds fantastic Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adding fresh mozzarella to a hot pasta dish. This sound great !

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!