Monday, February 04, 2013

Chipotle Turkey Sandwich

Sometimes I feel silly posting recipes for things like a sandwich, but then I realize that if it hadn't been for the post about these Chipotle Turkey Sandwiches, I wouldn't have thought to make them. So, I'm sharing my knowledge with you.

turkey chipotle2

I wasn't always a fan of chipotle in adobo but I recently discovered that I like it in moderation. And really, if you mix it with mayo the chances are good I'll eat it. These were delicious sandwiches - easy to prepare with great flavor. I added sliced tomato to my sandwich and really enjoyed it.

Chipotle Turkey Sandwich
As seen on My Life as a Mrs

For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo, finely diced

For the Chipotle Turkey Sliders:
4 burger buns
3/4 pound shaved turkey breast (ask the deli person to shave the turkey)
2 cups mixed greens
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Chipotle mayo (above)

For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes (may also puree in food processor or blender). Set aside until ready to use.

For the Chipotle Turkey Sliders:
Toast the buns. To each roll, add chipotle mayo, shaved turkey, a sprinkle of mixed greens and a few slices of red onion.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This reminds me of a Panera sandwich that I love. I'll have to try this one at home!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!