Friday, December 28, 2012

Recipe Swap: Orange and Cinnamon Stuffed Pancakes

For this installment of Blogger's Choice I was given Catherine's blog, A Seasoned Greeting, a blog I haven't had a chance to really look through properly. Because of when this post was due I had some trouble narrowing down what I wanted to make - did I want to do a pasta dish, seafood or something else since I had time to make whatever I wanted?

In the end I went for breakfast, something a little special since the whole family would be home to enjoy it. These Orange and Cinnamon Stuffed Pancakes sounded delicious and I had all the ingredients on hand.

Pancake

Like Catherine, I used pancake mix for the pancakes but the cream cheese mixture really elevates them to another level. The subtle orange flavor from the Cointreau and the spice from the cinnamon is perfect. I loved how easy this was to put together and while it was a special breakfast for us on Christmas Eve, this will be something I make on those weekday mornings when I don't want eggs.

Orange and Cinnamon Stuffed Pancakes
As seen on A Seasoned Greeting
Makes enough for one serving

1 tablespoon cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Cointreau (or other orange flavored liquor)

In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir until smooth. Add in cinnamon and Cointreau, mix until well combined and smooth.

Spread cream cheese mixture on warm pancakes or French toast.



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, these sound amazing! And I don't normally like pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked these! Kind of a nice change from the traditional pancake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish! I'm going to have to try these sometime this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!