Monday, December 10, 2012

Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Ganache

My mom was in charge of Thanksgiving dessert. She always makes pumpkin pie but this year I sent her this recipe for Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Ganache after seeing it on the Rachael Ray Show. Chocolate makes everything better, right?

Pumpkin Pie

We all enjoyed the ganache even if it was a little thick. My mom wasn't sure how much to use since the recipe didn't specify so she used it all. I think a thinner layer would have been better but hey, chocolate is good so we all suffered through.

Pumpkin Pie 3

The ganache will harden a bit in the fridge so when I ate a leftover slice I reheated it slightly in the microwave to melt it a bit. Yum!

Pumpkin Pie 2

Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Ganache
Recipe from Carla Hall

1 pumpkin pie
1 10-ounce bag good quality bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
Crushed graham crackers

Place chocolate in a glass bowl. Heat up heavy cream to a boil, do not scald. Pour heavy cream over the chocolate and whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny emulsion. If the ganache is too thick, add in hot water to thin out to desired consistency.

Top the pumpkin pie with the ganache (may not use all of it). Sprinkle crushed graham crackers around the edge of the pie.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Now why didn't I think of this? I don't think one can ever have too much chocolate, so the thick ganache layer sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor people, having to suffer through all that chocolate. *Snort* ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!