Friday, December 21, 2012

Copycat Red Robin Banzai Burger

We bought a club pack of ground beef recently. I'm always looking for quick, make-ahead dinners for Tuesday nights when I get home late from my exercise class so I thought I'd make burgers. I love experimenting with different toppings and for some reason I wanted to try making a Copycat Red Robin Banzai Burger even though I've never had that particular burger.

Banzai burger

Since I've never actually tried a Banzai Burger at Red Robin I can't vouch for how this compares but I can say this was delicious. The teriyaki really soaks into the meat and pineapple slices. I marinated my patties for about 4 hours and that was plenty of time. I loved the combination and will definitely make these again (although now I'm on a burger kick and want to try different varieties).

Copycat Red Robin Banzai Burger
As seen on Joy in Cooking

2 lbs ground round
1 bottle Teriyaki sauce (recommend Kikkoman's Teriyaki Takumi Collection - Original )
Sliced fresh pineapple
Sliced cheddar cheese
Shredded Romaine lettuce
1 tomato, thinly sliced
Burger buns
Mayonnaise

Form the beef into patties. In a shallow baking dish, add some of the teriyaki sauce, place the beef patties on top in a single layer, turning to coat all sides with the sauce. (Be sure to reserve some sauce for the pineapple slices). Cover container and refrigerate 4 hours.

Place pineapple slices in a separate container, add enough teriyaki sauce to coat well, cover and chill.

Preheat grill to medium. Cook hamburgers 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When you flip the burgers, add the pineapple to the grill and cook until grill marks show, turning once. About 1 minute before the burgers are done, place slices of cheese on top of each patty to melt.

To assemble burgers: Spread mayonnaise on the top and bottom of each bun. Place hamburger patty on bottom bun and top with 1-2 tomato slices, and 1-2 grilled pineapple slices. Cover with about 1/3 cup shredded lettuce and place top bun on sandwich.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!