Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of June 24, 2012


The end of June is quickly approaching and summer is officially here. Hard to believe how fast the time goes as you get older. Some days might feel like they're taking forever but overall time flies by way too fast. We had a heat wave here this week, with temps around 100 degrees, which is unusually for this area. I'm glad the weather is going to be a bit cooler this week. Those high temps make me want to lay around and do nothing all day.

I'm really excited about this week's menu, mainly because of the variety of dishes. And the fact that my shopping list was pretty short because I tried to use items I already have on hand.

Sunday - SP likes to grill on Sundays so I thought I'd revisit these Smashed Sliders. I'll serve them with Pioneer Woman's The Best Macaroni Salad Ever. Let's see if it lives up to its name.

Monday - I've got some ground beef in the freezer and tortillas in the fridge that need to be used up so I'm going to try my hand at Beef Tostados. I'll make these Refried Beans and cook the ground beef using recipe #1, then top the whole thing with shredded cheddar, shredded Romaine, diced tomato, sour cream and salsa.

Tuesday - Hoagies

Wednesday - These Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches have been talked about a lot recently on my cooking board so I'm finally making them. I'll serve them with oven fries.

Thursday - I found this Rachael Ray recipe for Pasta Carbonara with Corn while I was going through magazines and tearing out recipes I want to make. I'm leaving the chiles out of the original recipe since I'm not a big spice fan.

Friday - I've stopped meal planning on Fridays because we will likely go out since it's summer and it stays light later.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!