Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Menu - Week of October 16, 2011


The temps are back in the high 60s/low 70s and that makes me very happy. I love being able to use my oven without cranking up the AC. I think this week's menu is a great combination of different flavors while keeping with the comfort food theme. I can't decide which recipe I'm most excited about since they all sound great.

Sunday - Going to my friend Mary Ellen's house with Baby Girl for a lunch playdate. I'm bringing Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing. For dinner I'm making Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes and green beans

Monday - Spicy Citrus Shrimp Tacos, rice

Tuesday - Chicken Broccoli Supreme (I saw this on Cassie's weekly menu recently and it sounded delicious).

Wednesday - Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream

Thursday - Roast Beef and Mushroom Gravy, mashed potatoes, Whiskey Glazed Carrots (I can't believe I've made these carrots from PW before but never blogged about them. And I'm anxious to use my slowcooker with the roast beef recipe from Cassie.)

Friday - Homemade pizza
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds AMAZING this week! We love that sausage pasta dish, and I think I'm going to have to make it again next week because it's just so darn good.

    We had the chicken broccoli supreme on Saturday night, and I think you're going to love it. It was really simple, and really tasty. I didn't have enough corn starch for the sauce, so I just made a simple flour-and-butter cheese sauce, which worked great for me.

    We're having that roast beef on Sunday, too. I hope you love it as much as we do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie - Thanks! I'm happy to know you loved the sausage pasta and that the chicken broccoli bake was so good. I'm excited for that one, and for your roast beef. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!