Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Menu - Week of October 9, 2011



I'm a few days late posting my weekly meal plan but I have a good excuse. A certain little girl turned two on Monday and the weekend before was full to bursting between her party, a trip to a local theme park, visiting with relatives and all the weekend errands that still needed to be done.

Some weeks I really struggle to make a meal plan and this was one of them. Nothing sounded good and everything looked either too complicated or inappropriate for the warm weather we're having. Hopefully everything I'm planning to make works out as well as I'm hoping it will.

Sunday - Secret Recipe Club dish (I can't tell you what it is because it's supposed to be a secret. The post will be published Oct. 31)

Monday - Greek Taco Salad with Crispy Pita Wedges (I'm modifying this recipe and serving it over shredded Romaine hearts and using the tzatziki recipe from the chicken gyros)

Tuesday - Out for sushi to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary

Wednesday - Chicken Gnocchi Soup with ciabatta for dipping (for the recipe swap)

Thursday - Spicy Sausage Mac and Cheese, broccoli

Friday - Homemade pizza
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Greek tacos! L O V E that idea. I can't wait to hear how they turn out. With spinach and feta, I don't know how they could possibly be bad. :)

    I hope you like the mac and cheese. In my book, you could put spicy sausage on ANYTHING and it would taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie - I liked it, but SP didn't. I served the mixture as a taco salad but I think it would be better in the crispy taco shells. Either way I have a feeling you'll like it. :)

    I'm so excited for the mac & cheese. It's the one thing on my menu this week that I'm really excited about. And now I'm thinking about swapping the soup for that chicken broccoli bake you posted in your menu.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!