Thursday, July 28, 2011

Strawberry Cashew Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad. Last summer I made it at least once a week for dinner. So when I saw that Cassie had posted a recipe for Strawberry Cashew Chicken Salad I had to try it.


I halved the recipe, using only one chicken breast, since SP only likes mayo, salt and pepper in his chicken salad. I also mixed the cooked bacon into the chicken salad because I was bringing it to work to have for lunch. While it wasn't my absolute favorite chicken salad of all time, it was a great variation and one I'll definitely make again.

Strawberry Cashew Chicken Salad
Very slightly modified from Cassie Craves

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked shredded chicken (from 2 chicken breasts)
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.

Add chicken, cashews, strawberries, green onions and bacon. Serve on bread or over lettuce.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put the bacon directly into the chicken salad! I'm definitely doing that next time. I'm glad you liked this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie - The bacon was cold and I thought warm and crispy would have been better.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!