Friday, May 06, 2011

Greek Feta Pasta

I had some leftover feta leftover from the Asparagus with Tomato and Feta I made for Easter. SP wanted to grill steak for Sunday dinner, so I searched through my recipe binder for something light to have on the side. This Greek Feta Pasta was easy to make and really good for something with so few ingredients.


I also grilled some asparagus to go with our steak and the pasta salad. We both kept going back for second and third helpings of the pasta salad. I can't wait to make this one again.



Greek Feta Pasta
Slightly modified from Adventures in My Freezer

4 cups pasta (bowties, shells, penne, rotini)
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional as needed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled or diced
1 pint quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced olives

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Put oil, garlic and oregano into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds on high to blend flavors.

Drain pasta and and put in a large bowl. Add feta, tomatoes, olives and oil mixture. Toss to combine. Pasta can be served hot, room temperature or cold.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!