Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ham, Ranch Mac and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli

I love macaroni and cheese. What's not to like about creamy, cheesy pasta? My college actually had pretty good food and one of my favorite lunches was macaroni and cheese. I'd stalk the online menu for weeks looking for it to reappear and when it did I would savor each and every bite. It took me a long time to find the perfect recipe and then I found another that was slightly different, but also perfect.

But that doesn't mean I won't try other macaroni and cheese recipes. Sometimes you want something different and this recipe for Ranch Macaroni and Cheese sounded fun.


I served it with ham steaks and roasted broccoli topped with Pecorino. The Ranch dressing added a nice tang and even Baby Girl loved it. Since I prefer baked macaroni and cheese I put the pasta and sauce into a casserole dish and topped it with the crushed Ritz, then baked it for about 30 minutes.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite versions of mac and cheese. I'm still on the hunt for The Ultimate traditional mac and cheese, though, so maybe I'll try one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you said you were making this I was excited for the recipe. I will have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!
    If you ever do a bacon-crusted mac & cheese recipe.... mmmm

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!