Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chile Cheese Chowder and Sandwiches

Even though spicy food gives me serious heartburn these days I couldn't pass up the chance to make this chowder recipe from Elizabeth's Edible Experience.


It was easy to make and very spicy, but delicious. I opted to puree the soup with my immersion blender because I didn't want us chomping down on bits of poblano pepper. To go with the soup I wanted to make panini using some ciabatta I had in the freezer. I layered the bread with mayo, cheddar cheese, arugula, turkey and monterey Jack cheese, then pressed the sandwich down on a griddle with a baking sheet weighed down by two cans of tomatoes.


The bread got a little too crispy but the sandwiches were still good.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE arugula in sandwiches- that looks fanfreakintastic!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!