Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Girl Has Arrived

I know it doesn't look like anything has changed around here since blog posts have been published daily, but Baby Girl arrived on Oct. 10, 3 weeks early. Since then I've been living in the fog of new parenthood, trying to figure out this little person who hates to eat, loves to sleep (except at night) and has just generally turned our lives completely upside down.

Obviously this means I won't be publishing any new updates for awhile. I do have a few photos on my camera from before I went into labor, but turning those into posts will have to wait until I have a better handle on things around here. These days it's sleep when the baby sleeps, eat when you have a spare second and let everything else fall by the wayside.

Speaking of sleeping when the baby sleeps, I'm going to finish my apple cider donut and glass of cold milk and join my husband in some much needed sleep. I hope my regular readers will stick with me through this tough time. I promise to return when I can. In the meantime, please wish us luck. Parenthood is the hardest thing I've ever done. No one can prepare you for it.
Pin It!

29 comments:

  1. YAY! All the best to you, and take TONS of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new arrival! Best of luck and go get that much needed sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and best of luck to you. I really enjoy your posts and look forward to your return (when you have the opportunity).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new baby girl!! Oh yes, it's so hard, but it's also the most amazing journey you'll ever take. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I wish you and your family all the best as you learn to love each other beyond belief. Yes, new parenting is all-consuming. Go with the flow. Have a real babymoon -- we'll see you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you honey. Hang in there and get the rest where you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I wish you sleep and joy with your new one. We readers will be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your baby girl! I'll be here waiting patiently for your next update. Get some rest and take care of you and your family! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congraulations on your new baby! Of course I will stick around and can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! Our son arrived 3 weeks early, too!

    These first 6-8 weeks can be rough - but, it really does get better! Lack of sleep certainly makes it seem 10x harder, too!

    Hope Baby Girl begins to eat and sleep when she should and hope you get some rest as well! Forget about blogging - nap instead!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your baby girl!! Don't feel guilty about taking a break from blogging... it's totally understandable. We will be sticking around until you are ready to come back. Enjoy being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations...enjoy every sweet moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you all the best in your new phase in life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! That's wonderful. Go sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats again!!! :) I hope things start to get better for you two with finding a solid routine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new baby girl! I hope one of your friends or neighbors had made you that wonderful comforting mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm so happy for you! congrats congrats! first time parenthood is tough stuff, but absolutely nothing can help more than having a great partner - and it sounds like you do.
    wishing you lots of love and health and happiness! and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!!! Today was the first day I surfed into your blog, and must admit i spent the last hour reading all of your old posts..I put you on my blogroll so i can keep in touch...the one thing i love more than cats, is cooking...GREAT BLOG..and congrats again on the baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhh, girls are truly a blessing. I've gotten mine all the way to 25 because I learned not to sweat the small stuff. You need that with girl children, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Enjoy every moment with your new treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congratulations! im sure you guys will do great:) cant wait for your next post(s)!

    ReplyDelete