Sunday, February 01, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese

Because I wanted to freeze half the eggplant rollatini for Sunday I needed to clear out freezer space. I took out one of the portions of mac & cheese I'd made on MLK Day and we had it on Monday.


I don't know what I did differently, but this was absolutely the best mac & cheese I've ever made. When it was cooking in the oven I could smell the buttery bread crumbs toasting and my mouth was watering. When I took my first bite the crunchy topping mixed with the creamy, cheesy sauce was pure bliss.


I had a hard time restraining myself from eating the whole pan before SP got home. To curb my appetite I made myself a simple salad with mixed greens dressed with lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.


I can't wait to make the other batch I've got in the freezer.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!