Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tagged!

Colleen from Cooking This and That tagged me to share seven random/weird facts about myself. Just like Colleen, since this is a food blog I will share food-related oddities rather than spill all my deep dark secrets!



1. I love the combination of popcorn and milk. No, not eaten like cereal, I mean a big bowl of popcorn eaten while drinking a tall glass of cold milk.

2. The only food I really and truly dislike are hot dogs. I want to like them, but every time I try a bite of someone's it makes me gag. How un-American of me!

3. I'm not that into sweets, but I love all things cake. Cupcakes, regular cake, whatever. I also prefer boxed cake mix and canned frosting to homemade. I also don't like most bakery cakes or cupcakes (too sugary or grainy).

4. I have never made my own bread. I'm afraid of yeast.

5. I have yet to make a successful roast beef. I don't know why I have so much trouble with this particular preparation.

6. I hate eating the same thing more then twice in a row (I'll eat dinner leftovers for lunch the next day but that's it). I will, however, eat the same thing for breakfast for months on end without tiring of it.

7. And finally, the real reason I don't bake is not because I don't think I'd be good at it, it's because I don't want the byproducts in the house because we will eat all of it ourselves. And I can't bring the stuff to work or send it in with SP because none of our coworkers will eat it because it's fattening.

And now to tag 7 people...

(I'm going to have to get back to you on this one since Colleen took most of the people I would have tagged. Thanks, hon!)
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I was never able to cook roast beef before, either, until I learned this one trick - put the roast in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup and an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix, along with the veggies. Cook on low. It turns out wonderful, and makes its own gravy. I know it sounds weird, but try it just once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I knew all your weird food things. But I didn't know about the roast beef.

    And popcorn and milk? Huh. I can't imagine that, but I will try it sometime. For you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popcorn and milk...

    I saw this Good Eats episode where Alton Brown claimed popcorn was the original cereal and ate it in a bowl with a little sugar and milk...yes he poured milk on his popcorn...

    Well, I tried it, and actually it was really pretty good! And I would definitely have it again!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a fun filled 2009.

    Simply love your blog. Keep up the fabulous work in 2009.

    Carol :)
    Perth
    Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara - Sounds good! Thanks for the tip. :)

    Melissa - Ha! Let me know if it works out with the popcorn.

    longhair - No kidding! Well, if AB says it's good it must me good. :P

    Carol - Thanks! I hope you guys had a great holiday as well.

    Amanda - Hope you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!