Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beignets

A few months ago my friend Amy in Louisiana sent me a package of local, regional foods, including beignet mix. SP wanted to do something fun on Christmas morning so he whipped up a batch of beignets using the mix.


We made these together after breakfast. SP mixed the dough and then I was in charge of cutting the dough and dropping the pieces into the oil while he manned the oil and my mother-in-law made sure each beignet had copious amounts of powdered sugar on it.


The funny thing is the box of mix says to refrigerate after opening. Hmm. I wonder why. I don't want it to go bad so I have a feeling we'll be making beignets again soon. It was certainly easy and the results were delicious.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. CRAP! I have something to send you two to go with this! Been in my car for months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you and your hubbie enjoyed them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. longhair - Oooooh! I can't wait to get whatever it is. :)

    Amy - Thank you SO much! They were delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!