Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chicken Braised in White Wine

I saw this recipe for Chicken Braised in White Wine over at Good Things Catered and knew it would be a winner. What's not to like about bone-in chicken cooked slowly in a pool of yummy wine? Add in some onions, mushrooms and potatoes and you've got a one-pot meal (which I'm all about these days!) I also steamed some green beans for an added vegetable.

The chicken was a gorgeous golden-brown color from the initial cooking, but once it was covered in delicious sauce it looked even better. I served this family-style on a large platter with the chicken and all the vegetables.

The steamed green beans were crisp-tender and provided a nice color contrast.

My plate:

... with a piece of chicken, potatoes, mushrooms and onions and green beans. It was a delicious meal. Thanks Katie!
Pin It!


  1. This looks amazing. Maybe we should have this for our GTG after all!

  2. OH YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Seriously, it looks SOOOOO good in your pic! I can NEVER take good pics of meats like that. Don't you love cooking it down into a gravy instead of keeping it soupy? So much better. yum! I want to make this again now! :)

  3. Jenn - It was yummy, but it's more of a one-pot meal and I don't know if it would work with everything else. But you should definitely make it for dinner soon!

    Katie - Thank you SO much for posting the recipe. I can't wait to do the sausages with ale and the chicken with olives. I love, love, love olives!

  4. I LOVE this dish - so glad you posted it! Yours looks delicious!

  5. So glad you posted this. I love cooking wine - and drinking wine. Cooking and drinking, two of my favorite things!

  6. Yeah, there's no way this would be bad. I wanted it for lunch the minute I saw it. Yum.


I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!