Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stewart's Root Beer

When I was growing up my dad used to take me to Stewart's Root Beer to "eat on the window" (aka tray service). I loved the novelty of eating in the car, the frosty mug of root beer and the fantastic burger and fries. SP and I found ourselves near a Stewart's today (not the one linked above, that's just the only one with a Web site) so we stopped for lunch. We both ordered a double California cheeseburger, along with fries and onion rings:


I love the fries here because they actually taste like potato:


... and the onion rings are crispy and crunchy:


The burgers are on the small side here, but a double is perfect:


The California is served with lots of lettuce, a thick slice of tomato, thin slices of raw onion and a smear of mayo, along with plenty of melty, gooey cheese:


No meal at a Stewart's would be complete without a frosty mug of root beer:


This Stewart's has only outside seating so it's seasonal. I love that I can go somewhere I went with my father over 15 years ago and everything is exactly the same.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That looks delish, and it is so great that you have that continuity from going there with your dad-that can make the most ordinary food extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah - It's a great place and I love that something from my childhood is still around today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great treat! I'm envious. We have nothing like that around -- at least not the old-fashioned variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad loves Stewart's pop! (OK, I think you guys call it 'soda'). I had no idea that Stewart's was actually a place, not just a pop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!