Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grilled Pork Chops, Cheesy Orzo and Grilled Zucchini

After the success of the grilled pork chops we had last week, we decided to have them again. SP manned the grill and turned out moist, flavorful chops:


We also grilled some zucchini I'd gotten at the farmers market near my office:


... and I made some cheesy orzo:


To make the orzo I cooked some onion and garlic in a pan, then I added 2 cans of chicken broth and brought it to a boil before adding 2 cups of orzo. As the orzo cooked I chopped some herbs from my garden (basil, chives, rosemary and parsley). Once the orzo was cooked I mixed in the herbs, a splash of heavy cream and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Just before serving I added a generous amount of shredded Pecorino cheese. This stuff is so good we just kept eating and eating.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I could eat orzo every day! We love it simply with some cheese, salt, and pepper but it's also great with with sauteed peppers, onions, zucchini, and summer squash and big dose of garlic - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dinner - orzo is the new rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - We're really loving orzo these days. It's so versitle.

    Joelen - Definitely!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!