Monday, June 23, 2008

More Photos From the Garden

When I got back from my work conference I was surprised to see how much things had changed in the garden in such a short amount of time. The tomatoes are really coming along:




The grape tomatoes are starting to ripen:


The basil plants really exploded:


I ended up cutting off most of these leaves last night to make pesto. I love having fresh basil available to me so readily. I can't wait until it grows back.

And, shock of all shocks, the rose twig actually started flowering:


And it appears the roses are pink. Yay! It doesn't look anywhere as pretty as our friend's rose bush, but it's a start.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Those tomatoes look great - I'd love to grow my own and just pick them and eat them - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! A fellow container gardener! I just happened upon your blog today, and I've bookmarked you. I love cooking and gardening (especially cooking things I grow myself), so your blog should be lots of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - Thanks! I can't wait for them to ripen so I can see if they taste as good as they look.

    Kristi - Welcome! I'm glad you like what you see here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!