Saturday, May 03, 2008


After we had our wings on Saturday I made pizza:

Not my best effort, unfortunately. Forgive me...I've been dealing with a sick cat and husband. The idea seemed good - portobello mushrooms sauteed with garlic, salt and pepper - but the dough didn't cooperate. I'm not sure why but it had air bubbles everywhere, making the pizza look almost alien. It was still thin crust, despite it's resemblance to a Pizza Hut pizza in the above photo. It tasted good, but I wasn't thrilled with its appearance.
Pin It!


  1. never mind the appearance, as long as it was tasty.

    sorry about the sick household. you do seem a bit stressed as of late, if I may say so, and I do hope some brighter days await you soon. :) selfishly, I miss you when you don't post. ;)

  2. Melissa - Am I coming off stressed in my posts? Or is it a lack of posting? I'm sorry! I, too, hope brighter, happier days are coming down the pike. We could really use some good, happy news in my house!

  3. bubbly crust is my favorite. when i am faced with a big pie, i always look for the bubbly piece!

    i guess what i am trying to say is - your pie looks delicious!

  4. what's wrong with poor kitty?

  5. I see absolutely nothing about that pizza that would in any way prevent me from inhaling it. Still, it does look more appetizing than many of the pizzas I've had at popular restaurants.

  6. First off I'm sorry to hear that you've got a sick cat and husband! I hope they are both feeling better soon.

    And take it from someone who loves pizza - that pizza looks AWESOME! Really yummy - you can see all the flavours all smothered on, YUM! If I could, I'd reach through the screen and take a bite, it looks that good!

  7. deLa - Thank you! :)

    C - He wasn't himself - lethargic, not eating/drinking, etc. We took him to the vet but all the tests came back negative. He's much more himself these days so hopefully it was just a bug that worked its way through his system.

    Snooty - LOL...thanks! :)

    Katie - I'm glad to know so many people liked the look of this pizza. And thank you for your concern about SP and the kitty. Both are doing much better, thanks!

  8. Melissa - Am I coming off stressed in my posts? Or is it a lack of posting? I'm sorry!

    aw, don't be sorry!!

    you're not coming off in any way like that. I think I've just been reading you long enough now (and hell, I read most of your archives too, in the beginning) that I thought you seemed a bit "off" lately. not quite your usual self. I just want you to be happy. :)

    by the way, my cat went through the same thing in october. for a week, and she was vomiting too. we thought we were going to come home from work and find her dead. =\ but she turned out okay. hmph. cats. :P

  9. Melissa - Aww...thanks! Ya know, for all the "talking" we do in comments we've never thought to email. I just found your address in your personal bio profile so I'm going to shoot you an email now. :) I hope that's OK.

    And thanks for letting me know about your cat. He seems much better, but we don't think he's eating still. If he doesn't eat something soon we'll have to take him back to the vet. So weird...all the tests were normal so I'm not sure what the deal is.


I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!