Friday, May 23, 2008

Pizza Friday

I think the worst of this cold is past. I actually felt like cooking tonight and luckily we had one ball of pizza dough in the freezer and some mozzarella cheese in the fridge. We didn't have any toppings so I just did a plain pizza.


I have to say, these last few pizzas have been amazing. Even a simple plain pizza tasted fantastic. I preheated the pizza stone for a good 30-45 minutes since I read something about the stone working best when heated for a full hour. The crust was superb and even the cheese cooperated, cutting into clean slices like you'd get at a pizza parlor:


I love making pizza at home. My next challenge is going to be grilled pizza. I keep hearing good things about it but I'm skeptical since we have a charcoal grill and can't really control the temperature.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your Pizza Fridays! If I lived near you, I'd so "accidentally" invite myself over for dinner on Fridays! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. You have become an awesome home pizza cook. Steve and I both saw this at the same time, as he was standing behind me when I clicked, and we were both like "I WANT." I've told you before I am not a big pizza fan, but I do like plain cheese pizzas. This one looks OUTSTANDING!! Was the crust crispy? Oh, please tell me it was. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - If you lived near me you'd be invited over. :)

    Melissa - Thank you! I was really patting myself on the back with this one. It was so good. And yes, the crust was extra crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!!! I got here by searching for how to cook meat with whiskey, and ended up finding all this delicious-looking stuff. All the food from Chicago reminds me of home, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza looks awesome, way better than any I've made.

    Maybe a silly question, but how do you get the dough onto the hot pizza stone after you've preheated it? I usually roll the dough on the stone directly, but I'm sensing there's another way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P - Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like what you see. :)

    Dan - Thank you! It's taken me awhile to get there. :)

    I roll the dough out on the counter and then transfer it to a piece of parchment paper. I then build the pizza and transfer the whole thing to the stone on the parchment. When I get around to it, I'm going to buy a small pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the hot stone.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!