Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. We went to my parent's house for a cookout. We started the afternoon with some noshy things:


... including mozzarella balls with sundried tomatoes, garlic and herb cheese and olives, along with crackers and mini toast. I made deviled eggs:


... and just realized I never actually ate one. Whoops! I only had 10 egg halves due to issues peeling the hardboiled eggs.

My stepfather grilled some burgers and the rest of the spread included my mom's potato salad:


... grilled asparagus:


... and spinach salad with warm bacon dressing:


My plate, with a little of everything:


I was famished when we got to my parent's house and I made the mistake of filling up on the noshies. As a result I only ate most of my burger, a little potato salad and spinach salad. I didn't get to the asparagus at all. I was just too full. But luckily there were a ton of leftovers so I have asparagus for later in the week.

For dessert my stepdad got gelato from a local store:


He got chocolate, blood orange and lemon. All mixed together they produced the most amazing flavor combo. The citrus really cut the richness of the chocolate. This place does an amazing job.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I like the photo technique :)

    But miss the old one :( it was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making it one of the most wonderful Mother's Days ever! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you and your mom had a nice day. I would filled up on the noshy things too. my favorite. that and the deviled eggs. *slurp*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a spread! I love deviled eggs, but never make them bc my aunt is the master!

    ReplyDelete
  5. longhair - I can't win with you. :P

    Alotta - You're the best!

    Melissa - Hehe. I'm so bad...that's why I rarely order apps at a restaurant. I could never eat it all.

    Abby - I know what you mean. This was only my second time making them.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!