Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kicked-Up Chicken, Potatoes, Asparagus

Another quick dinner - chicken, potatoes and asparagus - kicked up a notch:


After I pounded out the chicken I coated it in egg and then breadcrumbs mixed with cheese. They shallow fried while the potatoes cooked. Once they were done I tossed them with butter, salt and pepper. I used the grilled asparagus leftover from Mother's Day to make the asparagus with fried egg that we love so much. The egg and cheese with the asparagus is a great combo.
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. What type of oil do you use to shallow fry? I made cutlets the other night and the oil flavor was so overwhelming. And I'd just bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy - I alternate the kind of oil. This really was just a thin sheen of oil on the bottom of the pan, so I used olive oil. If I'm really frying I use vegetable oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your shallow frying came out perfect as ALWAYS. sheesh. :P

    I forgot about your egg with asparagus thing. I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried egg on asparagus? Never heard of that! Fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! This is just my kind of meal. Nice balance of the food groups, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jilly - Thanks! It was good. :)

    Melissa - Thanks! It took awhile to perfect, as you know. You definitely need to try the fried egg with the asparagus. Such a great combo!

    Jessica - It's really good. Trust me!

    Snooty - LOL...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!