Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pizza Friday

Another Friday, another pizza. We had a few leftover mushrooms and black olives and I bought a new stick of pepperoni at the store this week so they all made appearances as toppings:


Even after 18 months of making pizza once a week I'm still learning and perfecting the method. We had some leftover tomatoes that I used to make the sauce, but after it reduced there wasn't much to spread on the pizza. Surprisingly, it turned out that less was more.


I put down a layer of cheese first, then dabbed the sauce around, added the toppings and finished with more cheese. I also baked the pizza longer than usual and the crust was even crispier and held up better. But the real triumph was that the pizza wasn't soggy because of too much sauce. Despite the small amount I put on the pizza, you could really taste the tomato flavor.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I made pizza from canned chicken from costco.. surprisingly good and so handy to keep around!

    I used odds and ends of cheese.. some swiss, some mozzarella and some white cheddar. Dabbed pesto here and there.. salt pepper and voila'. It was very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...tonight I am making the pizza recipe you gave me, can't wait to taste it and hope it looks as good as yours! It would be even better if I could get some pizza dough from an Italian bakery like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate soggy pizza! I'm glad this one worked out well - it looks delicious. Well, except for the olives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath - I love mixing cheeses on pizza and pesto is always yummy. :)

    Priscilla - Oooh...I hope it works out well. Please let me know!

    Katie - Not a fan of olives, huh? I have to say, this was one of my best pizzas yet.

    Two Write Hands - Hi and welcome! Thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!