Friday, February 22, 2008

Cod Fillets with Caper Butter

In the final installment (at least for now) of our foray into the March 2008 issue of Everyday Food, we have Cod Fillets with Caper Butter:


Of course these are actually tilapia fillets, but the method is the same. This was an incredibly easy meal to prepare. When I got home I scrubbed two baking potatoes, dried them thoroughly, rubbed them with olive oil, salt and pepper and put them in a 400-degree oven to cook for an hour. While they were working I trimmed the asparagus and tossed that with more olive oil, salt and pepper and laid them out on a baking sheet. They went into the oven 10 minutes before the potatoes were done.

As for the fish, all that I had to do was line a baking sheet with foil and lay the fillets down, seasoned on both sides with salt and pepper. They went into the oven at the same time as the asparagus. The fish was served with a caper butter, which was softened butter mixed with 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers, 2 tablespoons minced parsley, salt and pepper. I cut up some lemon to squeeze over the fish once it was cooked and dinner was served. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Mmm...this dinner looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Maybe I should go eat something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go on having fish twice so close together. :) and it looks very tasty!! (actually, I kinda want that potato right now)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - Thanks. It was really yummy!

    David - Thanks! I hope you had something good to eat.

    Melissa - The potato was perfect. I ate the whole thing, skin and all. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good potato skin. BTW - do you just trim all the asparagus the same length or individually break each stem? I've been snapping each one but its a little time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessy - I snap each on individually. Different spears have different breaking points so I don't think it works as well to trim them based on where one spear snaps.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!