Monday, September 10, 2007

Chicken Riggies

We had chicken, cubanelle peppers and rigatoni on hand so it seemed fortuitous that Rachael Ray was making Chicken Riggies on 30-Minute Meals tonight. I saw her make this recently and immediately thought of it when I saw what we had on hand.


I didn't have roasted red peppers or spicy cherry peppers, but I subbed a sweet red pepper,a jalapeno and some banana peppers and the dish tasted great. The sauce was a little runny but by the time I put the leftovers away the pasta had already absorbed most of the sauce. I loved the crunch of the peppers and onions and the kick from the jalapeno. It's a good dish to have in my repertoire since at this time of year I always have a ton of peppers on hand.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!