Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beef Stir Fry

I knew this was going to happen. This is why I hate improv cooking. I can never remember exactly what I did so recreating a dish becomes next to impossible. On Tuesday I tried making a beef stir fry like the one I made recently and while this was pretty good, it was nowhere near as good as the original version.


I tried to follow the "directions" I'd posted the last time but it still tasted different. And SP said the beef wasn't very "beefy." I will say that while I love the texture of blade steak, this batch had a lot of tough sinewy running all through it instead of just down the middle. I think next time I'd call ahead and see if they can cut me a nice steak. Either that or we'll have to look into an alternative cut.

I also didn't like the brown rice with stir fry. I know it's healthier but I just can't get into brown rice. It didn't help that the rice was sticky and clumped together. I much prefer basmati.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!