Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Steak Fajitas and Grilled Corn

SP was in charge of dinner tonight and after he found skirt steak on sale at the wholesale club he decided to make steak fajitas.


We had the usual fixin's - sour cream, guacamole, diced tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and sauteed onions and peppers. SP is really into Rick Bayless these days after watching a few episodes of Mexico: One Plate at a Time, so he used a marinade he found on Rick's site. It was sensational and really added great flavor to the steak.

We thought we should have a side dish to go with our fajitas:


... so SP grilled some corn and once it was done I rolled it around in cilantro butter. The piece I ate was a little mushy, but I can't complain too much since corn isn't in season yet. It still tasted mighty good.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord. This looks fantastic. Haven't made corn-on-the-cob in quite some time. If I do, it'll be this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled corn is my new favorite recipe. I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner. I actually prefer smearing the corn with a flavored mayo, but the hubby prefers butter. I think next time I'll make both so we can each have what we like.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!