Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pizza Friday

SP announced last week (as he finished off the last of the Ricotta Pasta with Spinach) that he was done with heavy, creamy pasta dishes for the foreseeable future. While that's a fine idea given that summer is in full swing, it went against my plan for dinner on Friday: Broccoli and Garlic Calzones. It occurred to me as I was falling asleep that I could probably make half a pizza for him with whatever toppings he wanted and still make a calzone for myself. The result was that he ate a pizza topped with leftover BBQ chicken, BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese:


... while I had my calzone full of gooey ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and sauteed broccoli and garlic. I served my calzone with a thick, spicy tomato sauce.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks absolutely delicious. Your pizzas toppings always look so moist and yum! Now I'm craving pizza :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - Hehe. We do love our pizza. Have you ever gone back to the beginning of my blog when we first started Pizza Fridays? The pizzas do NOT look appetizing in those photos. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!