Sunday, June 17, 2007

Balsamic Chicken

I had to work yesterday since we're getting down to crunch time. I got home around 6:30 to find the entire house straightened, vacuumed and mopped, the laundry done, all the errands run and dinner started. I am one lucky woman!

The other day SP and I saw Giada making a balsamic BBQ sauce for chicken that looked really tasty, so that's what he was making for dinner. We realized that when it comes to cooking I like sticking with comfort food classics while he prefers experimenting with new tastes and combinations. He slathered the sauce on the chicken pieces and then grilled them, basting them with more sauce as they cooked.


He also cut up some grape tomatoes and cubes of mozzarella for a light salad. He tossed them with chopped basil, white balsamic vinegar and oil.


My plate with some chicken, balsamic BBQ sauce for dipping, mozzarella and tomato salad and some potatoes tossed with butter and parsley:


We decided to make the potatoes at the last second as the chicken was grilling, so SP just threw two red bliss and three Yukon golds into the microwave to cook. I cubed mine and tossed them with some butter and parsley:


The chicken was slightly smoky from the grill but really sweet and tangy from the BBQ sauce. A little goes a long way with the sauce, but it was a really nice, different take on traditional BBQ sauce.


The grape tomatoes in the salad were bursting with summer flavor. I liked that SP echoed the taste of the BBQ sauce in the salad by using white balsamic instead of the traditional since it was lighter and fresher tasting:

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I've tried Giada's balsamic marinade. It's really good with just a little kick from the balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.

    I've never had a white balsamic vinegar. I've never seen it on the shelves here. I didn't even know that there was such a thing! :-) I'll keep a lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!