Thursday, February 01, 2007

Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage

The last time we made fettuccine alfredo it wasn't very creamy or saucy. I figured maybe the problem was with the pasta, since we were using dried instead of fresh. Last week at the store we saw some fresh fettuccine so I bought two packages in order to test my theory.

I followed the same recipe I always use from Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen, adding in some cooked sweet Italian sausage for SP, and the results:


... were silky and creamy. The noodles were light and fluffy and held up nicely to the sauce. I thought it was perfect but SP didn't agree. He said the fresh pasta was lacking any bite, any resistence. He actually prefers the dried fettuccine. I think my next experiment will be with the sauce I saw on America's Test Kitchen. Lidia's calls for egg yolks and chicken stock, while the ATK uses only heavy cream, butter and cheese.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!