Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cold Sesame Noodles

I've been craving cold sesame noodles recently, so I decided to make Rachael Ray's recipe again. The results:


... are getting closer to what I think of as the perfect cold sesame noodle, but we aren't quite there yet. This time I left out the sesame oil completely, although not by choice. It seems I left the oil at the old apartment, so the noodles were missing that slight sesame taste.

SP and I also think that using Frank's hot sauce just isn't working. I'm pretty sure Rachael suggests some kind of variation using cayenne pepper or perhaps I'll try chili oil next time. I also think my soy sauce is just too salty. I'm not using tamari since we always keep regular soy on hand, so next time I'll use less than the recipe calls for.

It's still a work in progress, but I refuse to give up until I find the perfect recipe.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!