Saturday, December 30, 2006

Chicken Sandwiches and Onion Rings

We'd been snacking on leftovers all day so dinner tonight wasn't a big production. I wanted to experiment with a new way to cook onion rings:


... but it didn't work out so well. When I make fried calamari I use flour as the coating. I thought I could do the same thing with onion rings but the flour wasn't enough of a coating and I ended up with plain old fried onions. Ehhh...live and learn. If I didn't experiment in the kitchen I'd never know what works and what doesn't. At least the sandwiches were good - chicken marinated in lemon juice, salt, pepper and dried basil then pan seared and served on a roll with roasted red peppers, mayo and some melted pepper Jack cheese.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love yr blog...great idea for chicken sandwiches!!Do stop by at my blog someday...am THINKING PINK these days! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!