Friday, December 08, 2006

And we're back!

We finally have Internet in the new house! I'm so happy I can blog again.

I couldn't find the camera so I wasn't able to take a picture of Monday night's dinner, which was meatloaf made with a Lipton onion and mushroom soup mix, smashed potatoes made with heavy cream, butter and scallions and peas. I was surprised that the meatloaf actually turned out alright since I'm not a fan of those soup mixes. Not as good as Tyler's Ultimate Meatloaf, but good in a pinch.

Tuesday SP finally broke in his grill and made hamburgers, but I forgot to take a picture of them. We also had some fries and salads.

On Wednesday I remembered the camera and got a picture of the Spaghetti all'Amatriciana:


... which is a sauce made with onions, bacon, garlic and tomatoes, with a little red pepper flake thrown in for good measure.

Thursday night we had beef stroganoff:


... a la Rachael Ray, made with ground beef, mushrooms, a little sherry, beef broth and sour cream over egg noodles. It was quite tasty, as always.

I'm slowly getting used to the new kitchen. Once we a new prep table this weekend and actually finish unpacking everything I think it'll be easier. For now, it's hard to really get excited about cooking in there since nothing is in the right spot. All in due time...all in due time.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!