Friday, September 01, 2006

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Whenever I do my laundry at the Laundromat where my mother-in-law works, we like to go to the pizza place across the street for lunch. Their regular pizza is pretty tasty, but it's their buffalo chicken pizza that has me coming back time and again. It's like eating buffalo wings, only without having to pick apart all the tiny bones to get to the good stuff.

SP and I like making pizza at home and I had some leftover chicken breasts from a family pack I bought this week, so I decided to try recreating the buffalo chicken pizza at home. I think I did a pretty good job.



I cooked chicken breasts in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes (I think 30 would have been plenty) in a few tablespoons of Frank's hot sauce. Once the chicken had cooled a bit, I diced it into bite-sized pieces and mixed it with 1/2 cup of Frank's and 1/3 cup of melted butter. I used fresh pizza dough from the Italian bakery down the street. After I rolled out the dough, I spread a thin layer of Marie's blue cheese dressing on top and then added shredded mozzarella cheese. The chicken went on last. There was a lot of chicken - too much chicken, in fact - so next time I'll use about half the amount. I baked the pizza on our pizza stone that had been preheated in a 500 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. YUM!

    (Marie's is the BEST!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you guys ever tried making your own pizza at home? It couldn't be easier and the flavor is incredible!

    (See...I cooked!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Everything I have ever cooked, you know about, LOL! My mom makes her own pizza all the time and loves it. Seems overwhelmingly hard to me.

    Bird is making pita pizza's next week, but of course that's not the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is most definitely NOT hard! You can buy premade dough at any Italian bakery (or your local pizza parlor or even the grocery store), a pizza stone is pretty cheap as well and then you just need to either make sauce or use stuff from a jar, pick your toppings and bake.

    If you guys like pizza, you should give it a try.

    I wish you lived closer....I'd LOVE to cook for you!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!