Sunday, August 13, 2006

Prepping for the Week



I just spent the past 4 hours prepping food for the week. In the above photo, starting from the upper left and going clockwise, is a bag of cleaned and trimmed green beans to go with a pork chop dinner SP is making on Wednesday, chicken seasoned with salt and pepper and sauteed for the chicken Caesar salad we're having on Tuesday, cooked green and red peppers and onions for taco night on Monday and the chicken that will go in the tacos, seasoned with cumin, chili powder and garlic powder and seared over high heat.

In addition to all this, I prepared garlic and parsley butter that I smeared over a loaf of French baguette and grated three kinds of cheeses (mozzarella, Pecorino and cheddar) that will become garlic bread with cheese. I also made meatballs and sauce for tonight's spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Lastly, I chopped three hearts of Romaine, minced red onion, shredded a carrot, diced a red pepper and halved some grapes tomatoes for the salad. My mother-in-law is bringing some antipasto and we'll have the banana chocolate chip muffins I made yesterday for dessert.

I'm exhausted.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just from READING.

    UGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Tell me about it. I'm beat! And the mound of dishes piled up in the sink is making me want to run and hide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precisely.

    Oh the price we pay to eat well.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!