Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hail Caesar!



Tonight's dinner was another meal made simpler by all that cooking I did on Sunday. I had seasoned chicken breasts with salt and pepper, cooked them and then cut them into bite-sized pieces. When I got home from work, all I had to do was chop three hearts of Romaine, add the cooked chicken and make the croutons. For the croutons I took half a French baguette, cut it in half lengthwise and then cut it in half lengthwise again. I cut each half into bite-sized pieces that were then tossed in a bowl with some olive oil, salt and pepper, turned out onto the toaster oven baking sheet and popped in the oven at 400 degrees until they were golden brown and crispy. Voila! Homemade croutons.

I cheated with the dressing - it was Ken's. I wanted to make my own creamy Caesar, but this was supposed to be an easy weekday meal. Next time this will be a weekend meal so I can attempt my own dressing. I'm sure it will elevate this meal to unknown heights.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!