Sunday, August 27, 2006

Company's Coming



On Saturday C and M came over for dinner. The heat, coupled with how busy we've been lately, meant dinner needed to be low impact. I also wanted to make sure it was a relatively healthy meal since our guests are trying to eat better in preparation for their wedding next month. After much deliberation, I opted for chicken sandwiches. I grilled chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper and some lemon juice and arranged a platter with sliced fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper strips, thinly sliced red onion, Romaine lettuce, thick slices of tomato and a cilantro-lemon mayo. We all assembled our own sandwiches on crusty rolls so C and M could have as much or as little as they wanted. I also put out some cheddar and sour cream and sour cream and onion chips, as well as the Terra chips (those root vegetable chips you usually find in specialty supermarkets) that C brought.



I also put out some bruschetta for us to nosh on before dinner. I just cut a baguette into rounds and toasted them before adding the bruschetta, which had a slight kick to it that surprised (and delighted) us all. Fudge ripple ice cream cones rounded out the meal.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That dinner was awesomely good! I recommend making it many times for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is my command. :)

    You have to let me know what you want when you come up in a few weeks. I figure comfort food will be a necessity that close to the big day!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!