Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cabo Chicken



Tonight didn't go according to plan. But you know what they say about the best laid plans....

Dinner was supposed to be Ginger, Garlic and Scallion Shrimp over white rice. I had been thinking about it all day. Then I got home in time to see SP frantically closing all the windows, keys in hand. Turns out his mom had called, in tears, because her oven "exploded." I barely had time to change before we were out the door and on our way to her apartment. After flipping the fuse for her electric stove, SP did some investigating and figured out that the coil had simply died. The oven is, after all, over 20 years old, so this shouldn't have been a huge shock.

After all that excitement, we needed some dinner. I wasn't in the mood for the diner down the street, SP wasn't in the mood for Chinese and neither of us was in the mood to drive around aimlessly trying to find some sustenance.

After a few minutes of deliberation we settled on Quiznos. Normally we're not fans of chain restaurants, but Quiznos has been good in a pinch before and it was just as good tonight. I got the Cabo Chicken sandwich, which comes with chicken, bacon bits, lettuce, tomato, onion, guacamole, cheddar cheese and spicy mayo on a toasted roll. For what it is, it doesn't get much better. The mayo is super spicy, the guac has a nice tang and the chicken actually tastes like chicken.

Sometimes you just have to go for the junk food.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Quiznos. Where would I be without thou in my life?

    Mark and I are nuts for the chicken cabonara sub, hold the mushrooms please. I could go for some of that now actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Quiznos. Where would I be without thou in my life?

    Mark and I are nuts for the chicken cabonara sub, hold the mushrooms please. I could go for some of that now actually.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!